For the fourth consecutive year, PReS and PRINTO scientific societies have announced their annual call for projects in the context of the cooperation between the PReS Working Parties (WP2.0) and PRINTO, with the aim of fostering excellence in the field of Paediatric Rheumatology through diverse strategies, spanning from the provision of training and medical care to implementation of translational and clinical research.
In the previous three cycles (editions of 2019, 2020 and 2021), a total of 17 applications were received and the three winning projects are ongoing.
The winning project will receive funds for a total of 3 years: PReS will grant a financial contribution of €10,000/year (total €30,000, covering primarily personnel, meetings and networking costs with volunteer participation from centres) and PRINTO will provide the equivalent of €30,000 in work force by way of technical, administrative and scientific support for the implementation of international collaborative studies (feasibility, databases, ethics committee’s submission, quality check on data collection, publications etc.).
Requirements to participate in the call :
- Applying PI or the co-PI must be under 40 years of age;
- Applying PI and co-PI must be members of a PReS WP2.0 and hold a valid PReS membership (please contact email@example.com) and be members of PRINTO (please visit https://www.printo.it/contact/apply-membership or contact firstname.lastname@example.org);
- The support requested to PRINTO must be described clearly in the proposal;
- The proposed project should involve at least three countries, and partners in the proposal must provide a formal commitment letter of support to the PI on their institution letterhead with clear indication of their role in the project;
- Patient associations must be involved in the definition of the research needs and in the design of the proposal.
The following features will be taken into account in the evaluation:
- The applying PI of the project and their Home institution should be based in a European Paediatric Rheumatology Centre;
- The applying PI should clearly state whether the proposed project has already received any additional sources of funding from other organizations/entities;
- A specific proposal cannot be submitted for evaluation for more than two consecutive calls.
The deadline for presentation of the projects is March 1st, 2023.
For submission inquiries, please contact PRINTO coordinating centre (email@example.com). You can download here the Grant template to be used (please consider that any proposal not presented through the official Grant template may be excluded from the evaluation).
In due course, the proposals will be peer-reviewed by a selection committee including the Research PReS counselor (Chair), 1 PReS Council member, 2 PRINTO Council Members and 1 patient representative.
Any publication(s) arising from the projects will be followed after the byline of authors “for the PReS WP2.0 (name of the WP2.0) and PRINTO” as per the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJEs) criteria (http://icmje.org) and the PRINTO publication policy (https://www.printo.it/publications/authorship-policy). The PI and co-PI will be first or last authors.